Emergency First Aid at Work.
One day First Aid Course
Time & Location
02 Feb 2024, 09:30 – 16:00
HSF Training Ltd, Quay West Riverside Business Village, 5 Austin Blvd, Southwick, Sunderland SR5 2AL, UK
About the event
About the course
This course fulfils the syllabus requirements specified in the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981. These regulations require all employers to have suitable first aid cover. The Approved Code of Practice recommends that a first aid needs assessment is made to determine the level of cover and resources required.
This is an informative course set in a relaxed and positive atmosphere, encouraging delegate participation in practical exercises simulating emergency situations.
Who should attend?
Anyone appointed as a First Aider, where the employer’s first aid needs assessment has identified that this level of training is suitable.
Please note that in order to comply with current guidelines and accepted practice, a maximum of 12 delegates can be accommodated on this course.
- Principles of first aid, including cross infection prevention and incident reporting.
- Managing an incident
- Management of an unconscious casualty, including seizures
- Management of an unresponsive non-breathing casualty, including the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Management of severe bleeding
- Management of minor injuries, including burns.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
· Identify the aims of first aid
· Manage a first aid emergency situation
· Give Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), including use of an AED
· Control severe blood loss
· Manage an unconscious casualty
Delegates who successfully complete the course will receive an e-certificate of Emergency First Aid at Work issued by HSF Training Ltd, valid for three years.
On completion of the course, candidates will be assessed in practical and theory aspects of first aid through a short multi-choice exam and demonstration of skills.
Emergency First Aid at Work
One ticket per delegate£45.00Tax: +£1.35 Bank Fee+£1.16 service fee